I may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
8 Ways to Feel as Though You Have it All Together as a Stay at Home Mom
There are times in the morning when I wake up, see my husband off to work, pour myself a cup of coffee, sit down and I stay there. I get caught up on Amazon MTurk, my blog, social media, and I don’t move until the kids wake up. Once the kids wake up, my time goes to them. Before I know it, it’s 1 pm and I still haven’t showered for the day and anything that needed to be completed still isn’t done. As a result, I’m scrambling around to get things completed before my husband gets home! Below is a list of things that help me feel more productive throughout my day.
Make your bed
- I wasn’t always in the habit of making my bed. If you aren’t, try to make it into a habit. What helped me to enjoy making my bed, is having extra pillows on it, such as throw pillows and a comforter that I like.
- Having a made up bed provides a cleaner look for the bedroom, and helps with feeling more productive.
Take a shower
- Taking a shower in the morning provides a refreshed and ready to start the day type of feeling.
- After the shower, it’s okay to put on comfy clothes. Simply make sure they’re clothes you’d feel comfortable answering the door in.
Put on some concealer, your eyebrows, and mascara
- Maybe this one isn’t for everyone, but I really can’t start my day without my eyebrows! Lol.
- Putting on concealer, and mascara helps with feeling ready for the day, as though I am “dressed.”
Throw in a load of laundry
- It never hurts to throw a load of laundry in.
- After the laundry is dry, make it a point to put it away. If not right away, try for that same day. Otherwise, there will be piles of laundry, which turn out to be time-consuming later on.
- I wasn’t always in the habit of putting away laundry in the same day, but now that I am, my room stays clean and I have less to do later.
Vacuum or sweep
- I have a white German Shepard and she sheds like crazy. Therefore, I have to vacuum as soon as I can in the morning, otherwise, I have white hair all over my floors.
- If I don’t vacuum as soon as I can, my house feels like a mess. Just imagine white dog hair all over the place, doesn’t sound cute right?
- A clean floor gives a home a clean feeling, and this makes me happy.
Drink your coffee/tea, morning shake
- Coffee is my drink of choice in the morning. Drinking coffee in the morning starts my day in a more positive way. I feel as though I can do everything that needs to be handled that day and overall, more productive.
- Drink your morning drink to feel as though you are doing something for yourself in the middle of doing for everyone else. Plus, I don’t know about you, but starting my morning with coffee makes my day feel like it is starting out right!
Write in your planner/journal
- Writing in a planner helps to be more productive overall. The planner provides an overlook of what needs to be completed for the day, upcoming appointments and events, and any written reminders that need to be read or written down.
- Also, I write in a bullet journal. In the bullet journal, I have a habit tracker, mood tracker, weightless tracker, blog ideas, and books I’ve read.
- I think Bible study should be first, but if you’re like me, sitting down for Bible study leads to other sitting down things and I won’t get anything done.
- Right now, I am using the small bible study that my planner provides (Anchored Press Weekly Planner) and I use an app called First 5. I have First 5 set up with a reminder for the time and days that I want to do Bible study. The reminder is very helpful.
I hope you have found some helpful tips in this post! If you have any of your own tips please do share in the comments section. If you found this helpful or think someone else will please share! Thank you so much for reading, and have a blessed day!